BushwickBK reports that the Ridgewood Theater, the only movie house left that served Bushwick and Ridgewood—and one that has done so continuously since 1916, when the Great War was on, but we weren't yet involved, and a professor from Princeton was in White House—has closed for good.
The great theatre architect, Thomas W. Lamb, built the Ridgewood. It opened two days before Christmas 92 years ago. It could seat 3,100 people. In it's early years, it hosted vaudeville as well as movies. Reports of more recent time indicate the inside was sorely in need of a renovation.
Old Lamb. He got around and designed a ton of theatres, but he hasn't had much luck in keeping them open.