06 June 2011

Second Avenue Deli Knows What Time It Is


I recently got my first glimpse of the new Yorkville Second Avenue Deli branch that's it the works. It looks good so far. Should be a handsome addition to the neighborhood. (I understand its opening has been delayed for various reasons.)

I particularly like the clock, with the Hebrew figures, instead of Arabic or Roman numerals. Nice touch. I don't recall the other branches of the famous deli having such a clock, but I may be wrong on that.

3 comments:

upstate Johnny G said...

this is a good sign, in both senses of the words....

but brookster....isn't it funny that the photo shows the 2nd Ave Deli next to a street sign for 1st Ave?? I hadda chuckle over that.....

Keep up the exceptional work....love yer stuff!

Glenwood said...

We were big fans of the original second avenue deli in the East village, and we have to say, the new location is equally as great!

Unknown said...

The clock in the photograph was made by Electric Time Company - a square version of the same clock was made for their 162 W 33rd St location.