03 October 2007

News Stand



There's been a lot of talk recently about those sleek new Cemusa newsstands and whether of not they're good for New York.

Just wanted to go on the record that the above is my ideal of a New York City newsstand: A brown shack that spills a little onto the sidewalk, with the words "News Stand" hand-painted in yellow on three sides (in different fonts, no less). No mistaking this structure for a silvery time machine or a space module that might blast off at any minute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

With all due respect, Brooks of Sheffield, your necrophilia is worse than I thought. Bless your heart.

Brooks of Sheffield said...

I'll take that as a compliment. Though I would like to point out that I use this site not only to celebrate those things that are gone or on their way out, but also those things that are gloriously still here. My purview is not just the past, but the here and now. I just want people to appreciate the here and now before it is past.

Anonymous said...

bravo!