05 April 2009

Balducci's to Close at End of April


Just days after it was reported that Bazzini might be abandoning its Tribeca store, another famous name in New York gourmet food has thrown in the towel.

The New York Post reveals that the 63-year-old Balducci's is closing its two Manhattan locations at the end of April. The local chain had already closed its famous Greenwich Village store in 2003. It will now shutter its stations at on West 66th Street near Lincoln Center, and the 17,000-square-foot store that opened in 2005 in a former bank at Eighth Avenue and 14th Street in Chelsea.

Also being closed by Sutton Place, the company that bought the former family biz in 2003, will be locations in Ridgefield, CT and one in D.C.

2 comments:

breadchick said...

Pefect...not only am I losing my music store but now I'm losing the place I go to grab a quick bite to eat and chocolate bar when my project at Lincoln Center is driving me nuts.

Brooks of Sheffield said...

Projects at Lincoln Center? You intrigue me, Breadchick. What, pray tell, do you do for a living?