The classic old Frank's Dept. Store sign on Union Street near Hicks in Brooklyn, which has remained even though Frank's has gone the way of the woolly mammoth, was taken down this morning.
The sign is not being removed for good. It is in need of repair. Apparently the top part of it broke off, causing rain to leak into the store. This sign is old after all.
Frank's decamped a few years backed, after having been on the block since 1937. Brooklyn General, a yarn and knitting shop, moved in, but elected to keep the sign where it was. Frank's also once occupied the shop to the right, not the site of a restaurant.