30 June 2014

Wooden Phone Booth Sighting: Harmonie Club


A reader who has been very good about spying old wooden phone booths in the City and sending me shots of them, has done so again!

This was taken inside the Harmonie Club at 4 E. 60th Street, a club I did not even know existed. The Harmonie Club was founded in 1852 and has been in its handsome McKim Mead and White designed building on 60th since 1904. "Jacket and Tie are Required. Shorts, sneakers or tennis shoes are not permitted at any time." My kind of place.

3 comments:

Mitch said...

If only the pay phone had a dial!

Anne Phelan said...

I didn't know there was a Harmonie Club in Manhattan. Glad to know.

JJ said...

I've been there a few times over the years .
It's right across the street from the Metropolitan Club , and my joke always has been that it's members are WASPier than the Met