21 October 2008

Some Stuff About Boss Bloomberg and Quinn the Eskimo


Lost City will be keeping you abreast of the daily onslaught of Bloomberg Power Grab news every day until the plutocrat STEPS OFF!

Ron Lauder just won't keep out of it.

Public polls are turning against the mayor's wish to stay on. Oh, but wait! I forgot—what the public wants doesn't matter.

Not every labor group supports Boss Bloomberg.

Speaker
Christine Quinn
, Bloomberg's partner in crime, sensing they are losing the battle, may delay the term limit vote. Hey, better to delay it than lose, right Christie? That's the way to serve democracy!

I think it's time to point out that Quinn is easily Bloomie's match in duplicity, self-interest and back-room dealing. There's no call for justice or decent governance that will penetrate her eardrum. She's hand-in-hand with Mike on the term limits scheme. She's Buckingham to his Richard III. But she better watch out. Remember what Richard did to Buckingham when he ceased being useful.

And with that, please join me in a slightly revised verse of Dylan's "Quinn the Eskimo":


I like to do what the people ask,
If it keeps my slush fund sweet,
But clearing out after two terms,
It ain't my cup of meat.
Everybody best be 'neath my thumb,
Or I'll push them 'neath a bus,
'Cause when Mike and I say "Third term or die!",
All the pigeons gonna run to us.

You stay without, I'll stay within,
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.

A councilman's meow and a billionaire's moo,
I recognize 'em all,
Just tell me where your wallet hurts,
And Mike'll make the proper call.
Nobody will get no sleep,
While I'm standing on their toes,
But when Quinn the Politico gets here,
Everyone's will just done froze.

You stay without, I'll stay within,
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.

No comments: