04 June 2009

A Bit of Good News


A bad week is ending with a couple pieces of good news. Gothamist reports that the Fifth Avenue Record and Tape Center in Park Slope, which was being forced out of business after 38 years by a greedy landlord, will stick around.

No, the landlord didn't have a change of heart. They never do, dontcha know. 72-year-old owner Tony Mignone has found a new home just three doors down from its current spot at 439 Fifth Ave. "I'll give it another shot," he said. "I think it'll be good, because I could fix it up the way I want it... although this is nice over here. But the landlord is jerking me around."

1 comment:

prb said...

having close to a thousand vinyl records in my collection im certainly a friend of mom & pop record stores, but having lived in this neighborhood for almost 20 years i can truly attest that this store is pretty damn crappy and i have no idea how it has stayed in business for the last 10 years. I think the only record i ever bought there was a Rick Derringer album for 1.99, but seriously, the place sucks.