28 May 2010

Fultummys Needs To Bring Its "A" Game


I like Fultummy's, the new "international" sandwich joint on Columbia Street in Carroll Gardens West. The sandwiches are yummy and well-priced. The iced coffee is as good as any in the area, including Cafe Pedlar. The folks who run it are nice. And the atmosphere is great.

But—and I say this out of concern and caring—they need to get their act together.



I never know, when I walk toward Fultummys with money in my pocket, if I'm going to come away with a sandwich or not. They have posted no operating hours on the outside, and seem to arbitrarily close on certain days. Sometimes they can't make sandwiches before they forget to rev up the cooking equipment in time. Or they'll start serving food at 2 PM, completely missing the lunch trade. And they don't serve food in the late afternoon, between lunch and dinner, when the kitchen takes a break.

WTF? You're a sandwich shop, not a formal restaurant. If you want to stay in business, you serve sandwiches all the time and are open as long and as often as possible. C'mon, Fultummys. I want you to stick around. Work it out!

5 comments:

Lori said...

I think you should tell them this...verbatim. You owe it to them as a new business. And please, Brooks, don't use the word "yummy." You're too good a writer. Love ya, but that word is...well, just bad.

Brooks of Sheffield said...

Thanks, Lori. Appreciate the compliment. Not say yummy is the best word in the world. But I've known good writers to use it.

KeylimeSteve said...

I suggested the same sentiments to them a little over a month ago, they didn't seem to care that much. As far as not posting hours, I do the same but I make sure I'm there during the bulk of the time when people want to come by and relieve themselves of their money for my product.

Anonymous said...

I really like it!!

Ryan J. Carey said...

I totally agree. I live right next to them on Columbia. I love their Vietnamese sandwich, but have to roll the dice when I want to get one.

PLEASE GET IT TOGETHER!