Liquor stores are some of the most unheralded relics of old New York. There are dozens of booze shops throughout the boroughs that very likely opened in 1934, after Prohibition was repealed, and are still there, using the same gaudy neon sign and cramped interiors. Few of them make a big deal of being 75 years old. It's not liquor-store style. They just sell spirits, not history.
Cambridge Wine & Liquor on Eighth and 39th is one of this sort. It's got the huge red "Liquors" sign up top and, at the corner, a vertical sign, just as old, pointing to its location. For all that ballyhoo, it's a small shop. Maybe it was once bigger.
Funny thing about Cambridge is the address was a liquor store before Prohibition as well as after. According to a New York Times article, there was a liquor store at this address (594 Eighth) in 1911, when a man wielding an ax (!) was shot by a policeman and pursued into the store.