The 103-year-old United Presbyterian Church of Ridgewood is for sale.
The always tasteful folks at Massey Knakal tell us "The subject property is comprised of a 12,868 SF religious building (seating for approx. 850-1,000) and 2-story single-family residence on an adjacent tax lot. The site features approx. 127' of frontage on 60th Place and could be utilized either as part of the community facility or re-developed as a residential rental or condo/co-op project. The two adjacent tax lots combine for approx. 23,721 buildable SF for residential and approx. 35,142 buildable SF for community use. The entire property may be delivered vacant upon closing, making it ideal for a user, investor or developer."
The congregation dates back to 1862, then called the First Presbyterian Church of East Williamsburgh, meeting in a little wooden church on the site of the present structure. The current building is Renaissance-style building and has stained glass windows imported from France. The dedication took place on May 22, 1910 when the congregation numbered 500 and there were 750 pupils in the Sunday School. The United Presbyterian Church of Ridgewood came into being when the St. James United Presbyterian Church, also of Ridgewood, made overtures to unite. The merger of the two churches took place in October 1993.
Check out the building back in 1913, below. Not much around.